Below you will find some of my web work. Please contact me for more information.
Facebook web application for a theatre chain promotion
This Facebook mobile web application integration allows users to check-in to nearby locations of this chain to receive a coupon for a free item.
- Makes use of the Facebook Check-Ins component of the Graph API.
- Geolocation functionality to work on various smartphones.
- Customized friend picker for both touch and non-touch devices.
- Distance comparisons made via MySQL Spatial indexing.
Facebook development consultant for an international greeting card manufacturer
- Hired as a consultant to recommended changes and additions to their Facebook application project to reduce the incidence of user-reported problems.
- Provided guidance on general strategies for the application to increase speed and performance.
Sweepstakes application for popular kids' TV / movie series
This Facebook application enables users to enter a sweepstakes contest, provided they "Like" the fanpage that of the company that ran the contest.
- Applications resides in two places:
- On a Facebook fanpage as an application tab. Navigation within the application is done by making Ajax calls to a script on the hosting server.
- Uses the Facebook Open Graph API to pull user information and automatically populate the fields in the contest entry form
- Prompts the user for extended permissions
Facebook application for a major international fast food chain
- IFrame-based Facebook application
- Built using the Zend Framework MVC structure
- Application pulls the user's 25 most recent Facebook status messages, and calculates a score depending on whether that status message contains certain keywords
- Has the ability to post to a user's Facebook newsfeed
This project included both the creation of a Facebook application that would interact with the client's pre-existing CMS in order to exchange data on user profiles, as well as integration on the website itself that would allow users to authenticate using their Facebook credentials (provided that they have signed up via the Facebook application beforehand)
- Uses the Facebook Open Graph API to pull user information, such as email address, pages the user "Likes", the user's Facebook ID, etc.
- Makes use of a tracking system, that determines with module the user is currently on.
- If the user is on the incorrect module, they will be forwarded to the correct one.
- Coded in PHP
- Written in the "Model View Controller" style
- Heavy reliance on classes and object oriented programming
- AJAX-based contact form, to minimize page refreshing
- Use of mod_rewrite Apache module to create user- and search engine-friendly URLs
The goal for this site was to allow cross-site navigation between three scripts (Wordpress, Noah Classifieds, and Clipshare) for a logged-in user, without the user having to re-enter their credentials. This also required that user login / logout / timeout / management worked seamlessly between all three scripts.
- Coded in PHP
- MySQL database backend
This website demostrates my ability to work with Adobe Flash. Most of the text you'll see on this website is actually pulled from HTML files located within the website, making editing text very easy.
- Adobe Flash
- Makes use of Adobe Flash's proprietary language Actionscipt
- Flash preloader
- Audio on / off switch